Here is a current list of state oversize permit offices that are closed due to the storms for today, Wednesday, February 17, 2021. While state offices are closed, no new oversize load or wide load permits will be processed. Everyone at WCS Permits & Pilot Cars is staying in close communication with all states affected by the weather. We will update as we gather more information and updates that come in.
The Permit Office will be closed on Wednesday, February 17 due to inclement weather.
Effective Tuesday, February 16 and Wednesday, February 17 due to inclement weather the size & weight permit offices will be closed. The Commissioner of Public Safety has declared that due to incoming inclement weather, no movement of permitted loads will be allowed Sunday, February 14th through Wednesday, February 17th, 2021.
The permit office will be closed Wednesday, February 17.
Due to the winter storm over the weekend, some motor carrier services are curtailed today:
- Our office at Jantzen Beach in Portland is closed due to a power outage. No appointments are allowed.
- The scale at Woodburn on I-5 south of Portland is currently closed due to a power outage.
- The Salem Registration Office has limited staff. Carriers should anticipate delays when calling in.
- The Over-Dimension Permit Office is open, but has a backlog of single-trip permits to work through. Your application will be processed in the order received.
The Commerce and Compliance Division would like to remind carriers of the following during winter conditions:
- Oregon’s chain law applies to all highways throughout the state. When you drive in winter conditions, you may see signs telling you to carry chains or traction tires and when you are required to use them.
- Movement of oversize loads is not authorized when conditions are hazardous. It is the driver’s responsibility to determine if local road conditions are hazardous, unless the Department of Transportation has closed or posted signs on the highway displaying restrictions due to weather/road conditions in the area.