MoDOT will completely close Interstate 70 in both directions between I-435 and I-470/Route 291 (Mile Markers 7-15) beginning Friday, Sept. 6, at 7 p.m. until approximately 5 a.m. on Monday, Sept. 9.
While the interstate is closed, the ramps from I-435 South to I-70 East and I-435 North to I-70 west will be demolished.
A number of MoDOT crews will also complete other much-needed maintenance work along the several mile stretch, including lighting repairs, median barrier wall repairs, drainage work, and paving operations along I-70. All work is weather permitting.
The road work will have major impacts to traffic including commercial vehicle (and oversize load) traffic.
THURSDAY, SEPT. 5
· Crews willclose the ramps from I-435 North to I-70 West and I-435 South to I-70 East at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 5. They will be demolished. New ramps will open next spring.
FRIDAY, SEPT. 6
· Crews will begin reducing I-70 to ONE LANE in both directions between I-435 and I-470/Route 291 at approximately 7 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 6. Motorists can expect various lane closures during this time.
· Crews will begin closing ALL on and off ramps along I-70 between I-435 and Route 291/I-470 around 8 p.m.
· I-70 will be closed entirely from I-435 to I-470/Route 291 at approximately 9 p.m. on Friday, September 6 until approximately 5 a.m. on Monday, Sept. 9.
· I-70 East will be reduced to one lane at Manchester Trafficway and traffic that has not already exited I-70 will be detoured off of I-70 at the ramp to I-435 South.
· I-70 West will be reduced to one lane before the Route 291/I-470 interchange. All traffic that has not already exited I-70 will be routed onto Route 291/I-470 South.
· Route 291 South just north of I-70 will be reduced to one lane to accommodate merging traffic from I-70 West.
All ramps to and from I-70 between I-435 and I-470/Route 291 will be blocked while I-70 is closed.
This work will have major impacts to traffic. Plan ahead.
Motorists MUST follow the signed detour using I-470 or find an alternate route.